- A Pathway to Happy And Confident Kids
Are your children struggling at school?
Do they lack confidence in their own abilities?
Do they often fall out with their friends or are easily upset by the things other children say?
Llama Meditation - A Pathway to Happy Kids is an animal-themed movement and meditation course for parents and carers to complete with children aged 6-11 years. By the end of this course your children will have learned character traits, skills and techniques that will boost their self-esteem and improve their mindset, enabling them to feel happier, more confident and better able to control their emotions.
As a teacher, all too often I see children experiencing low self-esteem, lack of confidence and relationship difficulties, within school systems where the main focus is on academic attainment, but not enough on emotional development and well-being. This often extends into adulthood, where we are held back by engrained beliefs that we are not good enough or we worry about what others will say about us. Instead of being made to feel valued, children and adults are constantly being told that they need to get better and constantly being compared to others.
We are also exposed to a fast-paced society which sees people constantly bombarded by an overload of stimulation from technology such as mobile phones, video games, fast action films and computers. These impact on our ability to relax and unwind, thus affecting our sleep, concentration and focus.
For a long time I was caught up in this system myself, working hard to compete and constantly ‘ improve’ as part of my professional development and not taking the time to unwind. It took a critical illness to wake me up and make me sit back, think about life and really value it.
Reiki and meditation have really supported my return to good health. Quieting my mind through mindfulness and meditation has not only helped me to manage stress and anxiety, it has helped me to feel more connected and grounded, highlighting to me that many of the answers we seek lie within.
In today's busy society, there has never been more of a need for us to learn to quieten the mind and I strongly believe that teaching children this skill from a young age will help prevent future dis-ease, such as stress, depression and anxiety, which in turn can cause ill health.
My journey of self healing and discovery was also supported by my gorgeous Labradoodle, Daisy, who came into my life during my illness. She gave me a reason to get up and out, though some days it was the last thing I felt like doing; she gave me comfort and companionship when I felt at my worst; she re-introduced me to the fun of dog training, which was something I had always enjoyed with my Alsation in my teenage years and she taught me that there was so much joy to be gained from life when you step back and live in the moment. Much to my husband's amusement she also taught me to be much tidier as she was forever pinching things that were out of place and running off with them!
Daisy posing with her rosette
I've also had the good fortune to share my life with many other furry friends over the years: Our cheeky cat, 'Dodger the Lodger' who came knocking at our door one day and soon moved in; our chipmunks, who kept us endlessly entertained with their determination and teamwork; and an elderly horse I used to look after, who clearly had her own perspective on life. I have been given so much love, laughs and enjoyment over the years from all these wonderful animals, who have entered my life with important lessons - to love freely - including yourself, to give willingly, to enjoy life, to have fun, to live in the moment and to do what you love.My experience of teaching and meditation, along with my personal experience of learning with and from animals have led me to put together a beautiful course for you and your children to enjoy together in a fun and enjoyable way.
Llama Meditation - A Pathway to Happy Kids
During the course you will
- Learn what emotional intelligence is and why it is important for your child’s development;
- Learn about meditation and how it can help your child;
- Have fun with your child as you step into their world;
- Learn how to help your child learn and develop from their experience;
- Have access to online support from a qualified teacher.
During the course your child will:
- Learn about 14 different animals, their characteristics and what they can teach us;
- Burn off excess energy and have fun with their parents/carers whilst taking on the role of animals in given scenarios;
- Learn strategies to calm down, reduce stress and gain more focus and clarity.
- Learn to recognise different emotions in themselves and others and how they can affect other people.
- Access their inner wisdom to develop emotional well-being and a positive mindset.
- Learn how to accept and value themselves as unique individuals, which will raise their self esteem and result in a happier child.
- Learn how to develop positive relationships with others.
- Know some strategies to help them with problem solving and perspective taking.
- Have the opportunity to share their experience in a non-challenging way and extend their learning though discussion.
By the end of the course
- You and your child have had quality time together with lots of fun and laughter;
- You will have been able to address any areas of difficulty with your child through shared experiences and relaxed discussion;
- You will experience a closer connection with your child, who will feel able to express themselves more freely to you, knowing that their views and experiences are valued and listened to;
- Your child will have learned how to relax and use a range of strategies that will help them calm themselves down when they need to, thus regulating their own emotions.
- Your child will be able to recognise and develop positive relationships with others.
- Your child will be able to look at problems from a different perspective in order to solve them.
- Your child will have learned how to accept and value themselves as unique individuals, which will raise their self esteem and result in a happier child.
- Guidance notes about emotional intelligence and meditation and how they can help your child.
- An introduction to 14 animals and the attributes that we can learn from.
- 14 Movement activities to encourage your child to move around and burn off energy, presented in both video and text format.
- 14 pre-recorded meditations to help your child access their inner guidance to develop emotional self-esteem, mindset, relationships and problem solving skills.
- Conversation prompts with each meditation to help you discuss the experience with your child.
- Printable visual affirmation cards to accompany each meditation (worth £42)
- Mini e-book to help you understand emotions and know how to support your children with the skills and knowledge they need to build emotional resilience and well-being (worth £27)
- Access to a closed Facebook group, where you can share your thoughts and experiences and support each other. (Priceless)
Get started now!
My name is Melanie Appleyard and I’m a Primary School Teacher with postgraduate qualifications in Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Special Educational Needs Coordination. I am also a huge animal lover and an Angelic Reiki Master/Teacher, who is passionate about mental health and emotional well-being, which I believe are the keys to good health and happiness.
My background includes over 14 years experience as a teacher, supporting the social and emotional well-being of children. I’ve written and implemented schemes of work to develop well-being in the curriculum and I’ve spent many years teaching and supporting teachers in delivering content designed to support emotional well-being in children with low self–esteem, those who struggle to form and maintain friendships and those who struggle to recognise and manage their emotions.
I am absolutely passionate about teaching children these
skills from a young age.
My experience of teaching and meditation, along with my personal experience of learning with and from animals have led me to put together a beautiful course for you and your children to enjoy together in a fun and enjoyable way.
It is my absolute pleasure to help your children learn skills and techniques to
help them improve their own well-being, with the help of many wonderful animals.
Beth (age 9)
"It helps me to sleep"
Sam (age 10)
Becky (age 9)
“I like doing them before school because you’re going in in a good mood – you’re calm, not angry”
Ben (age 10)
“It’s fun when every week we do a different thing”
Lucy (age 7)
Luke (age 9)
Frequently Asked Questions
Book now to equip your child with the skills to master their emotions and set the foundations for a healthy and successful future.